2018 SUMMER INTERNs
If you are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and looking for a design internship to complete your post-secondary education requirements, or looking to gain insight and experience in the event industry, look no further!
Smash Event Designs is an event décor company who specializes in custom event décor for Bar/Bat Mitzvah’s and weddings. We are looking for individuals who are fun, creative, forward-thinkers, and ready to create.
The Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidates are extremely creative, outgoing, fashion forward, well spoken and excited about event design. We are looking for individuals who have a strong sense of outside-of-the-box thinking when it comes to weddings and events. They think on their feet, pay extreme attention to detail and to trends in the event, fashion and DIY worlds. They are punctual, organized, detail oriented, hardworking, and able to communicate both digitally and in client facing situations.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Handcrafting and assembling décor
- Sourcing materials for décor
- Crafts, lots and lots of crafts!
- Participating in brainstorming sessions to develop new and unique décor ideas
- Pulling inventory for upcoming events
- The possibility of aiding with on-site set up at events, as needed (this role will be considered part-time work, with compensation)
- Candidates must be able to meet expected deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment
We will be looking for interns to work alongside our team between the months of May 2018 until September 2018. Work hours are flexible with roughly two days of studio work a week, plus any possible event setup days. About 14 – 18 hours a week.
This internship is unpaid and part time contract only.